Looking at some boats, would like some input

Sep 25, 2008
Alden 50 Sarasota, Florida
All boats sail. Given your intended use, head room below (ability to stand up) might be the most important consideration.

Sep 24, 2018
O'Day 25 Chicago
Trying to lift a 95 lb motor on the deck of a 25' boat is a very difficult task without some sort of assistance or mechanical advantage. I found that out when my brand new outboard bracket snapped in half

Jul 27, 2011
Bavaria 38E Alamitos Bay
Yes, silly. A silly notion. It won’t work out well w/the 15 hp on the sailboat. When you arrive to the trailer launch place, put the engine on the inflatable if you can, and leave there until packing up to go home. Tow the dink.

May 7, 2020
TBD TBD TBD
Trying to lift a 95 lb motor on the deck of a 25' boat is a very difficult task without some sort of assistance or mechanical advantage. I found that out when my brand new outboard bracket snapped in half
Ya I've seen arches with pullies and stanchion poles used to winch outboard, thought I would ask if anyone has done on this size boat. Kato Marine makes a 130lbs stanchion pole lift. Thanks for the input.

May 7, 2020
TBD TBD TBD
Yes, silly. A silly notion. It won’t work out well w/the 15 hp on the sailboat. When you arrive to the trailer launch place, put the engine on the inflatable if you can, and leave there until packing up to go home. Tow the dink.
Thanks for the insight, guess those 15hp motor brackets don't actually work. Towing it is.

LloydB

Jan 15, 2006
Macgregor 22 Silverton
I don't know if you got a completely accurate answer offline but just in case they didn't mention it - boats drift. Sometimes almost as far as threads.