Looking at an old S2 9.2c need assistance in sourcing parts etc.

May 14, 2019
CORONADO 23-2 Home
Hello, I'm Mark and I'm looking at picking up a 1983? S2 9.2c that is in pretty rough shape. No sails, some leaks, been on the hard two+ years and has not been run in that time. It's a 3hr drive from where it needs to be (Grand Lake) I'm in Edmond, OK and I would need the following to make this successful. I would like to find a used trailer that can handle 12,000lbs Some sails even old ones would do for now. Any Idea how to source port holes and or if they are metal or plastic. (these have seriously been sealed shut with silicone, globs of it. Any source for side windows in the salon? Anyone know of any place around Edmond that one can do boat repairs without getting fined or dragged off to jail for causing a mess? the only boat club that is near is the Yacht club at Lake Hefner and that is the cities drinking water source and so no repairing can really be done there (such as grinding off toxic bottom paint). (they are also prohibitively expensive to join)
Sadly, none of these things I can do in my driveway in Edmond either. I would love to save this poor old boat, but I'm not sure It's really possible in this day and age without spending 100k doing it.
I'm open to any and all suggestions and or assistance.
here is the link to the boat on Yacht world, sadly she does not look near this good right now
Thanks much!

May 14, 2019
CORONADO 23-2 Home
Also, If anyone has the hull design, I'm probably going to need that to set up the trailer...
Also, does the soul come up? they have carpet over and I'm sure I need to check the mast step and all the floor as it's soft in a couple of spots. Thanks again!

Apr 26, 2015
S2 26 Mid On Trailer
There is a little more action on the S2 Facebook page for this question, including a couple of S2 owners on Hefner.

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
It is unlikely that the bottom paint needs to be "grinded" off. Just get it clean of any growth, a sander with scavenger system is good for that.... and slap some non toxic, ablative type paint over the existing. Do this before you put the boat back in the water. It won't take that long.

May 14, 2019
CORONADO 23-2 Home
well, the price is really really low and I like the design (so does my wife) so this may be the one.
it obviously needs a bottom job, it looks like it has some blistering and so I need to get back down to the fiberglass and fix it correctly.
I do most all the work myself and have restored other boats, wood and fiberglass so I do know what I'm getting into with this project.
My main issue is finding a place reasonably close to home to work on it. (that does not cost an arm and a leg, as I'd like to keep those for a while yet.)
I have requested to join the S2 group on facebook. they will have to review and approve me...
Thanks for the info!

Apr 26, 2015
S2 26 Mid On Trailer
I have requested to join the S2 group on facebook. they will have to review and approve me...
Thanks for the info!
The group had trouble with spam and trolls so Jeff took it private last month. I'll PM him and recommend you Mark.

That boat looks familiar with the subway back splash tile. Owner may be on S2 FB.

Apr 26, 2015
S2 26 Mid On Trailer
Mark, The fellow who is selling the boat is on S2 FB and posted it for sale Nov 28th there. His last activity on the page was 2 days ago so he is still active.

May 14, 2019
CORONADO 23-2 Home
Mark, The fellow who is selling the boat is on S2 FB and posted it for sale Nov 28th there. His last activity on the page was 2 days ago so he is still active -

Good to know, I will be traveling back up to get a better look at the boat in the next couple of weeks. I've not sailed on one, and I fear it will be a while before I get this one to water, but Hopefully maybe by the end of the summer... If we get it. My wife keeps reminding me to be practical.... that is a hard thing to do when looking at a boat that needs help.