Looking at a Beneteau Oceanis 393

DannyS

May 27, 2004
Beneteau 393 Bayfield, Wi
We're just starting a search for our next and perhaps (hopefully) last boat and a 2004 & 2005 Beneteau are both for sale near us and we're intrigued. They are both 3 cabin layouts which would work well for us. I'm curious about a couple of things and hopefully some owners of these boats will be able to answer. The cockpit looks much wider than our current boat, an O'day 35 and the reach from one side to the other when sitting in the cockpit while heeling looks like it might be too far to brace against. Is this an issue that you've come across? Also, the interior has a rounded settee and a bench seat, with the galley along the starboard side of the salon. I'm curious how practical and comfortable this layout is. A straight settee seems easier to stretch out and lie down on. Obviously, these questions are about comfort aboard but we're looking to move into a boat that has less crouching and crawling in and out of tight spaces and something nicer for extended living. We spend 30 to 40 nights aboard during the summer months.
Any additional info anyone may have including other issues or items that you really love about these boats is welcome. Thanks in advance.

Mar 20, 2016
Beneteau 351 WYC Whitby
Your Right about the settee I have the rounded one and a straight one across , you cannot get comfortable on the rounded one ,however on the rounded one table goes down making a big bed . Away we have set this up to watch a movie in comfort.

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
Beneteau 423 Mt. Sinai, NY
I have a 423..... take a Look at the 2 cabin version for a comparison..... we have two cabin version of the 423 which offers a nice layout and a full couch where the 3-cabin galley is. Also we find the rounded couch for the dinning sleeps well.

We bought this boat as out last boat for me and the wife.....

Good luck! Nice sailing boats.....

Jun 2, 2004
Beneteau 393 Lake Texoma, Texas
At risk of recommending another site, take a look at the groups.io site dedicated to Beneteau 393 owners. This was formerly a Yahoo Group site, but moved to group’s.is when Yahoo shut down their groups. There are hundreds of owners on this site with a ton of owners who would be delighted to share their experiences with the 393. I have a 2004 two cabin version, so am reluctant to share insights on the three cabin version. I think you will find that the overwhelming majority of 393 owners are extremely pleased with this model.

DannyS

May 27, 2004
Beneteau 393 Bayfield, Wi
Thanks all for your insights. Cest La Vie, thanks for the other group info, that looks very helpful.