Lonseal Flooring

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
I thinking of using Lonseal flooring from defend has anybody used this flooring
Nick

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
Nick, I installed it... had it installed....on my 40.5 about ten years ago. I have the mat rather than gloss. It looks good, has good traction and is very practical. In fact, when one of the underlying panels went bad, we transferred the Lonseal to a new one.

Mar 20, 2007
Catalina 355 Kilmarnock, VA
Catalina has been using Lonseal on all their boats for the past 12-15 years. Good stuff; durable, anti slip, looks good.

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
I am doing canvas work right now and leaving for 2 months up north so will be starting
that flooring project after my trip up north.
I do have samples from Lonseal and Plasteak and they are similar but I think I can get better price and better shipping price from defender.
My question is I would like to install it over the flooring I have now and will maybe use a belt sander to really rough up what I have down by removing the sections of flooring and take home to my work area in my garage and cut and glue all the different size sections with the 2 part glue.
Does that sound good.
Nick

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
Nick, that is what I did. Took all the panels home and laid them out in the garage in the same way they were on the boat. This is necessary to be sure your Holly lines are lined up front to rear. Hope that makes sense. I did sand but it doesn't have to be too aggressive. We used good quality flooring adhesive. BTW, I had a flooring guy cut and lay it. Best dollar spent. FWIW.