Location of 76 Hunter 30 fuel filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 8, 2009
Hunter 335 Lake Guntersville
The fuel filter on my 76 Hunter 30 is located in an area that is almost impossible to get to. Did Hunter relocate them on later versions of this model? If so, where did they move them to. If not, has anyone relocated their's? If so where to? Has anyone replaced the orignal filter with a new one - if so, what brand and model?

Feb 17, 2004
Hunter 30_74-83 Lower Salford, PA / Tolchester,MD marina
On my '79 Hunter 30' I had to replace my old cartride style filter due to it was leaking. I replaced it with the small racor filter with a spin on type replacement filter with water seperator. They are available from this site at a very competitive price. I moved it to the port side of the engine compartment which was accessable from the quarter berth. I also ran new fuel hose as part of the replacement.

Good luck
Ian
s/v Meant to Be

RAD88

Dec 15, 2008
Hunter 30 Glen Cove, NY
The fuel filter on my 76 Hunter 30 is located in an area that is almost impossible to get to. Did Hunter relocate them on later versions of this model? If so, where did they move them to. If not, has anyone relocated their's? If so where to? Has anyone replaced the orignal filter with a new one - if so, what brand and model?
I replaced my fuel filter and moved it to the front of the engine on the port side. It is easy to replace the cartridge. The old filter in the old location was impossible to get at and the cartridges were no longer available.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.