LINK 20 Wiring Question

dugout

Nov 15, 2008
Pearson P33 Maryland's Famous Eastern Shore
The Link display is two feet from the shunt and the shunt it eight feet from the furthest battery bank. The master switch is fourteen inches from the shunt I have a good supply of 8 conductor, four twisted pair shielded cable. and the three 2A fuse holders.

Okay, 5 wires go to the shunt. 2 for bank 1, 2 for bank 2, 1 neg. two and a half twisted pairs. 16 AWG wires. No problem, straight forward.
This is where the head scratching starts. I have a pos wire to power the LINK, a pos wire to sense voltage of bank 1, and a pos wire to sense voltage of bank 2. All fused on the line end. If I follow the letter of the instructions these connect to the pos posts of the respective bank, two to bank 1 and one to bank 2, and must run the eight feet to get there. I find myself inclined to make these connections to the line side of the master switch close at hand. This eliminates pulling the run of small wire to the batteries, reduces clutter at the battery posts, and would eliminated most of the 16 wire voltage drop.

Opinions?