lines lead aft Citation 31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2008
Irwin Irwin 31 Everett, Washington WI
Have an Irwin Citation 31 on which I’m replacing all the lines.
Recently sailed a Septre 43 with every conceivable line lead to the cockpit. Very nice layout.

Wondering if anyone out there has lead their Vang, Reef Lines, and Outhaul aft to the cockpit.

If so, does anyone have pictures or diagrams showing how this was done.

Would very much like to hear from anyone who has done this successfully.

Thanking you in advance.

Paul R. Waggoner
13802 SE 52nd Place
Bellevue, WA 98006
Ph 425 / 641-1881
pwags@truth.com

Jul 12, 2010
Irwin 42 Ketch Cocoa Beach
Hi Paul,
I have an Irwin 42 CC Ketch. This project is kind of like being a carpenter... Measure twice (Six times for us) & cut (or drill) once.
You will need to attach additional blocks at the gooseneck & the base of the mast. I assume the main sail track continues to the step/deck. The easiest way of attaching these extras blocks is the use of S.S. Pad Eyes. Make sure the base of the pad eye is close to the same size as a sail slide for the main. Slide the pad eye in main slide track between the gooseneck and step. When in position, pop rivet w/S.S. rivets (Larger gun required) or drill & tap. Don't forget the WD40 for the tap.

Layout your lines keeping in mind the force applied & point of effort. Where you will place the deck organizers & cams. Be sure to allow for addition future lines, (for what ever use). I added a second winch on the opposite side of the companionway so the main sheet would not have to share. On the other side with deck organizers & cams, the winch can help with the loads. I like using aluminum backing plates and teak cover plates to finish the job. I'm using that side for the reefing lines, rigid boom vang, spinnaker pole topping lift & down haul so we can adjust the pole from the cockpit.

You most likely already have a West Marine Catalogue. Great for 'Advisor'. If you can get a hold of a Harken or Ronstan catalogue, they are great for more ideas & applications... Don't forget about Garhauer too. Hope this helps with out restating a lot of what you already know. Cal

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.