Lines for Hunter 33

McPhee

Mar 15, 2023
Hunter 33 Chicago
I'm looking to upgrade my lines and rigging for my 2005 Hunter 33. I found the appropriate lengths in the Hunter manual (attached). I'm curious which site(s) y'all use where I can buy some rope.

Thanks!

Attachments

May 27, 2004
Hunter 30_74-83 Ponce Inlet FL
Some owners use Defender. They were recently bought out and their prices have risen a bit.
Some have used West Marine. Their prices and "deals" fluctuate often.
There are others out there.
It's a good idea to check sources online for price, then ask if a particular seller is reputable.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I use an Arborist supply house when I can find the right lines. It is usually much cheaper than a marine products supply house.

• Helpful
Aug 2, 2009
Catalina 315 Muskegon
I use an Arborist supply house when I can find the right lines. It is usually much cheaper than a marine products supply house.
Do they carry low stretch line like Sea-Set? Climbers typically favor stretchy line to absorb shock if they fall.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
The company I use is WesTech Rigging. Bishop Lifting - Rigging Supplies, Slings, Fabrication & Rentals
They carry an extensive mix of lines. You need to look at the lines to verify that they will work for your needs. I have picked up Dyneema, some nylon and some doublebraid dacron (polyester) lines. I shop the cut off bin. I can sometimes find lengths that my need but are half priced because they are not 100 plus feet long.

StaySet, a brand name, is a line licensed by TEUFELBERGER Fiber Rope Corp. Not available at all sources of rope.

It's advantages are: The nice hand feel, strongest and lowest stretch polyester line available with a patented parallel fiber core and a braided cover made from a blend of spun and filament polyester. Excellent value as an ideal replacement for wire halyards.

There are similar products manufactured by competitors with similar specifications.

• Helpful