Line management in the C22 cockpit..

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
CD has mesh halyard bags listed in their catalog. (can't seem to find similar in the SBO store.)

Has anyone used them or similar ?
What did you think of them ?

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
I found a 23" x 30 "mesh beach bag for a couple bucks that could easily be used as the source material to make 2 of them.

JMK 977 Mesh Beach Bag

The CD design bags are attached to either side of the companionway.

I'm more inclined to simply loop+twist the lines and hang them off the cabin top winches, but the cheap price of the mesh has me wondering.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2017
Catalina C22 Solomon's Island, MD
That's the cat's *ss. Thanks for that link - just what I needed.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
,,,, but the cheap price of the mesh has me wondering.
Salirite has several meshes, some for catamaran trampolines. some fabric stores have mesh. I once found what must be the same as you see on the top of hospital curtain dividers for air circulation.

Last edited:

RussC

Sep 11, 2015
Merit 22- Oregon lakes
I sewed up some bags of mesh, purchased from Sailrite, on our V17. simple to make and they work really well. on our M25 I have bundlers similar to what kbgunn showed. available from many boat sources. those also work very well. the bundlers are actually better on our M25 because access to the front deck involves stepping up over that area. the bags would be in the way in that case. a thin strip of fiberglass is sewed into the top to keep the bag mouth open BTW.

P1050793.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
I use these 3M cable bundlers:
Brilliant. Inexpensive, removable, simple. I must give them a try.
I can think of a bunch of places to use them.
I must admit I know about the "command" product line, but have never seen that version.

3M is great. Especially when you know their history. I have yet to use a bad 3M product.

Aug 22, 2017
Catalina 22 Rapel Lake
I bought a robship from westmarine, it looks pretty nice but after two months red line faded, so I think is going to last only a few seasons.
20180120_204733.jpg