Line length for traveler

Dec 29, 2017
Beneteau Oceanis 411 Baltimore
Does anyone have the length of the line needed for the traveler? I’m hull 198 / circa 2002 with a Garhauer model. I noticed it was starting to fray but forgot to measure before I left. I didn’t see this on any of the spec sheets. And while this seems easy to replace, any insight from the community is greatly appreciated.

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Suggest sew/tape a tag line to each end and pull the line through, remove the line, measure it, purchase new line and reverse the process. Also document the line length, diameter manufacturer and type for future reference. That is how I do replace them.

Last edited:

KZW

May 17, 2014
Catalina 310 #307 Bluewater Bay, FL
Did you check Catalina Direct? They say two lengths of 5/16, each 33 ft long

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Actually, you should be able to make an educated estimate based on your own familiarity with the boat. Is it a cabin top span?.... 5 ft maybe? Each side has to be long enough to reach across the span, times the number of legs... then how far back from the end to wherever you want it to stop... on each side... So... if 4:1 is the purchase, that's four 5 ft legs and add 10 or 12 feet for handling and cleating... approx 32 ft for each side.... pretty much what KZW said. 5/16 is good because it'll minimize friction through multi purchase blocks. It's always better to order too much than not enough.

Dec 29, 2017
Beneteau Oceanis 411 Baltimore
Joe - I hit the easy button last night - bought from the link that KZW provided. And oddly enough your rough math was nearly spot on for length. Thanks.