Line bags

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Catalina 310 211 Lake Guntersville, AL
Do you not want new bags? Catalina direct sells replacement or you can add these individual line organizers.

Nov 16, 2012
Catalina 310, 2000, #31 31 Santa Cruz
Do you not want new bags? Catalina direct sells replacement or you can add these individual line organizers.

$180 for the set? I'm planning on making my own. Use the same mounts and maybe add a winch handle holder, and any color I want! Sailrite has a lot of good advice and patterns to follow/modify.

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Choice of colours (Oyster or Dark Blue) to blend in with your cockpit.

Measurements:
Width 32cm / 12.59 '' Height 28 cm / 11'' Depth 11 cm / 4.33''

Dec 25, 2008
catalina 310 Elk River
This guy seems to be a diamond in the ruff. His responses to my questions seem right on.
He is going to make me the line bags. I will update on the results.

"G'day Tom, My responses are in Blue color Print down below.

Especially Picture #4 "Black Mesh pockets with Sunbrella Pacific Blue color backing piece".
Could you construct that same design with these changes.
Use Blue Mesh (only if you already have some)

Tom I only have the mesh in Black Color or in White color.
Personally I prefer the Black so they don't look dingy and dirty down the road. The ones you have are very simple and very basic.
I complicate them by adding reinforcements to the top edges of the pockets and also along the top backing area where they are held down into place,to try to prevent the top edge fraying and chafing as your existing pouches have done. Tom I am just an Old Sailor who likes to have the things I make last longer and be as trouble free as possible.

On the Port Bag, is it possible to piggy back between the two pockets a winch handle pocket? I don't want to sacrifice the size of the pockets to accommodate this.

No problem placing a winch handles pocket between the two outer pockets.
Tom, I make the pockets so they all on their own protrude outward so the pockets stay open to make getting lines into them easier without having to use one hand to hold the pockets open.
For the winch handle pockets I line them with a thin piece of PVS flexible plastic similar to the small plastic tabs inside men;s dress collars. I buy the PVC sheet plastic on 36" wide 100' long rolls. It is intended to be used in commercial industrial buildings to cover large insulated hot and cold pipes in industrial applications __ so it is heat resistant and also flexible..

You may taper the bottom of the bags by a inch or so, but not a lot and round the corners.

Tapering the sides is OK and easy, but making round corners is difficult, I will try to round the two lower corners.

The circumference of the top of each pocket (except the piggy back winch handle pocket) should be between 20 and 24".

The grommets are oval shape 9/16" x 3/8" with horizontal detents mounted so the 9/16 is oriented vertically.

Tom, The cost as first mentioned is $100 for both of them together and just $4 extra on each pouch for the 3rd Winch pocket and just $1.00 extra each if you want/need new Twist Locks (turn buttons to screw into the bulkhead to replace you old ones. . Shipping for both of them together to MD will be $15.00
Total will be $108 + $15 for shipping = Total $123.00
Tom, it is 'your choice'. If you want to deal direct (by pass eBay) I will take $12.00 off and you also avoid the state sales taxes. Making the total = $111.00 with the shipping included. Same 3 year warranty.
Two pouches, far better made than at Catalina Direct at less than half the cost. Sometimes you just get lucky in finding an American who still works for Chinese wages..

No prepayment required. Just get back to me and inform me on the mesh color and Sunbrella backing fabric color.
I will notify you in a few days when I have them done and you can pay using PayPal or by sending me a check at that time.
Sam

Attachments

KZW

May 17, 2014
Catalina 310 #307 Bluewater Bay, FL

$180 for each side for halyard bags????!!!!! Seems rather pricey. Are the made of platinum?

Dec 28, 2015
Laser, Hunter H30 Cherubini Tacoma
I made my own from recycled trampoline fabric and my Sailrite. They work great allowing ventilation/drain while protecting the lines.