Light Fixture Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvj

Oct 19, 2008
Bavaria 38 Ocean seattle
Our 2000 Ocean 38 CC has some Chromed light fixtures for small fluorecent
Tubes. I need to change a tube, but I don't know how to remove the cover.

There are no screws visible - so I assume the cover is removed by placing
The tip of a screwdriver between the cover and the wall... But since I don't
Know for sure, i am hesitant to try this, as I don't want to damage anything.

Can anyone give me some advice?

Oct 1, 2008
Bavaria 36 Cruiser Nanaimo, BC
Light Fixtures

On my Bavaria the lights are small, round, chrome coloured fixtures that use G4 halogen type bulbs. There is a thin "retaining ring" of plastic located right next to the clear lens. This ring needs to be expanded (gently "pried") to enable the lens to be removed. I don't have any florescent lights on my boat. Hope this helps,
Tom:)

Jun 19, 2010
2003 Bavaria 44 Chesapeake Bay
be very careful. they are delicate and i have dropped the glass pieces. I am trying to order replacement fixtures through bavaria to have spares (lots of spares).

On my Bavaria the lights are small, round, chrome coloured fixtures that use G4 halogen type bulbs. There is a thin "retaining ring" of plastic located right next to the clear lens. This ring needs to be expanded (gently "pried") to enable the lens to be removed. I don't have any florescent lights on my boat. Hope this helps,
Tom:)

cvj

Oct 19, 2008
Bavaria 38 Ocean seattle
Found the solution. The plastic lens can be removed from the chrome fixture by carefully inserting athe tip of a small screwdriver between the lens and the body of the fixture. Once it is removed, the fluorescent tube can be removed. Luckily I have a couple of spare tubes!

Oct 1, 2008
LED's

Yes, I just put LED "pucks" in my fixtures this year. Don't have a lot of time with them yet. I bought them from Camping World (also own an RV) on sale for about $12. They are 180 lumins (sp) and are warm white in colour. They just fit inside the fixture. They are from Diamond Distributing and CW's number is 55029.
Good luck,
Tom

May 22, 2009
2003 Bavaria 36 Victoria BC
Yes, I just put LED "pucks" in my fixtures this year. Don't have a lot of time with them yet. I bought them from Camping World (also own an RV) on sale for about $12. They are 180 lumins (sp) and are warm white in colour. They just fit inside the fixture. They are from Diamond Distributing and CW's number is 55029.
Good luck,
Tom
Thanks, Tom. I'll get a couple and try them out. Just to confirm - they fit into the existing pin sockets and I gather the puck just manages to fit into the existing housing? Cheers, Bob

Oct 1, 2008
Bob,
That is correct. So far the light seems adequate, but haven't really tested them well yet.
Tom

robgs

May 24, 2004
Bavaria Vision 40 Rock Hall MD
I have 10 puck fixtures in my B 40 Vision that were originally G4 halogen. I replaced all 10 with Dr LED G4 LED's from
West Marine and am very happy with them, particularly the amp savings. The LED G4's have both back pins which must be
cut off and side pins which must be shortened.

robgs

Status
Not open for further replies.