lifting sling bracket

Jan 30, 2014
I fabricated a bracket for a lifting eye just like the plans i down loaded from Catalina i found online,seems to be not balanced very well,heavy in the stern when I lift. I moved the eye back as far I could and still stern heavy,
any ideas why, have any of you had the same problem and what did you do to fix it.
I will try and post a pic tomorrow when I lift it up for the first coat of bottom paint.

May 23, 2007
Catalina Capri 22 Albany, Oregon
That's probably it. The rigging plan also calls for 2 lines run from the top of the sling to the genoa winches. Makes me think maybe it's tail heavy even with the mast on.

HERSH

Nov 21, 2012
Catalina Capri 22 http://www.chelseayacht.org
I assume you do not have the motor on.

Where do you keep your anchor ?

If you have a full size battery in it's "stock" location I do not think that would help.

10 lbs. here, 20 lbs. there; and it all adds up.

On my "new" Capri I'm going to place a garden tractor battery in one of the port side compartments.

Hershey

Jan 22, 2008
Catalina Capri-18 Dallas TX
Hershey,

Something that heavy?
Maybe consider stowing in in one of the bow compartments.
With an outboard and a couple of people in the cockpit it
seems like the 22 is down by the stern most of the time.

Jan 22, 2008
Catalina Capri-22 Carlyle / Carlyle Sailing Association, Carlyle IL
tom h said:
I fabricated a bracket for a lifting eye just like the plans i down loaded from Catalina i found online,seems to be not balanced very well,heavy in the stern when I lift. I moved the eye back as far I could and still stern heavy,
any ideas why, have any of you had the same problem and what did you do to fix it.
I will try and post a pic tomorrow when I lift it up for the first coat of bottom paint.
The stern of the Capri 22 is a tad heavy. The solution is to run lines to the winches to help balance her out.

Attachments