Lifting h26 with a sling

Mar 8, 2018
Hunter 240 Texas Gulf Coast
Hello,
I am looking to purchase a portable sling to remove my H26 from its trailer. I was thinking of the gohoist (gohoist.com). Does anyone know the pros and cons of this lift? Also, would it be suitable lifting a H26?
Thanks, Jason
See the attached pictures of my first experience lifting H240 at home for keel repair. The method with least risk seemed to be place the lift frames at the "sling" points (or as close as you can get) remove all weight possible and lift the trailer as level as possible to a suitable working height. When you reach the desired height, sling the boat using new or very good condition 2" heavy duty tie down straps with at least 3300lb working load (available home depot, tractor supply etc.) The straps are brought firmly snug just short of lifting the boat off the bunks followed by lowering the trailer and rolling it out from under the boat. Once the trailer is out you must place your choice of safety supports under the centerline carefully shimmimg to place a bit of weight on them .... allow the straps to bear the weight of the boat, do not release the straps. I believe the H240 to be 2400lb w/o water, if you use (4) 3300lb working load straps seems like you would be OK. My next experience with this lifting method was with the newer 3700lb H25/shoal draft lead keel. The H25 thankfully did not require working underneath only replacing the starboard hull bunk, keel bunk and adjusting hull position for better c.g./weight...again it went smoothly. Dave is 100% correct that you cannot allow the full weight to rest on blocks or small surfaces as the hull was not designed for this concentrated weight per sq.ft. load and would be damaged and that this is potentially dangerous/deadly and must be approached with care and great concern for safety.

Attachments