Lifelines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 9, 2006
- - -
Pick up a Cat 30 and has the stantions but no lifelines, were do you recomend buying and is there different ones to choose from, done many things on boats, but they have always had Lifelines :( great site Dan

Mar 31, 2004
Catalina 380 T Holland
Bought mine from West Marine, but

I had the originals to send in to make duplicates. Most local riggers can make you up a set of life lines at a reasonable cost. Make sure that you buy good quality , secure pelican hooks to allow you to open the lines for ingress and egress. The original ones from Catalina are pretty minimal. Another source is Catalina Yachts. Although they don't make the C-30 any longer, they know everything about them, and keep good records (Don't know about your year though, earlier they were probably less fussy about recording stuff). A third option is Catalina Direct. I've never dealt with them, but lots of people recommend them. Steve '87 C-30T #4764 '02 C-320 #909

Oct 25, 2005
Catalina 30 Banderas Bay, Mexico
Call a rigger.

The lifelines will probably have to be custom made. Any rig shop can build them from measurements taken off the boat. The original lifelines were 1x19 PVC coated wire. Your current options are: 1/8" PVC coated to 3/16" 7x7 wire 3/16" PVC coated to 1/4" 7x7 wire 3/16" 1x19 uncoated wire Figure spending about $1.50'ft for the wire and $70-100 per wire for fittings and labour to build them. If you cannot find a rig shop, you could use 3/16 galvanized cable and cable clamps to rig lifelines until you can find a supplier.

B

Bob

Catalina Direct

With all due respects to our host, Catalina Direct has the complete set of lifelines, pelican hooks, hardware and fittings for the 30. They offer a complete package for your boat amongst other great parts for the 30. Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.