Lifeline stanchions for 83 H-27

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bucky Sherman

Im trying to replace one lifeline stanchion damaged in Hurricane Irene and would desperately like to find an original match. Im working a seven day a week job and have no time to hit the road hunting. Any suggestions on how to accomplish this without eye matching the part would be appreciated. Anyone thinking of suggesting a call to Hunter please dont bother. I've made my last call to them. Quite frankly if it were not for the forums in this web site I dont know where I would aquire information about replacement parts and misc.repair projects. Any leads to used marine hardware stores would also be of great help. Every once in a while these stores actually know what boat the parts they have came from.

S

Sam Lust

Saved!

Contact Greg at Tops in Quality, Inc. topsinquality.com, 810-364-7150. He has the drawings for the oddball stanchions used on the Cherubini era Hunters that Hunter seems not to care about. (I often wonder if Hunter understands that we used boat people are a major part of what enables them the sell new boats?) I just got the stanchion I ordered for my '83 33 and it appears to be as close a duplicate as possible. The quality is very nice. Probably better than original. I had it made as separate base and pole and it was just under $100.00.

J

Jim O'Brien

same problem

I had the same problem with my 82 H33. I ended up having two of them welded. Not quite as good as new.

Dec 2, 1999
Hunter Vision-36 Rio Vista, CA.
another source

Contact Signet Marine in Torrance, CA. They make stanchions that are *similar* to these originals. The prices, as I remember, are about $35-45 each.

J

Jim Rice

Amen, brother

Couldn't agree more about Hunter Corp. response to older Hunter models. Catalina, to mention just one, wouldn't stock so many parts for their older boats if they weren't making a tidy profit on them. If a manufacturer wants to keep someone "in the family", this is the way to do it. I realize working with owners of older, used boats can be a low-margin business--I had a marina/dealer complain to me at length about "stingy sailboat owners" once--but I would think Hunter would want owners to stay with the brand.

M

mark schaefer

stanchions

call hunter and ask them where the stanchions were made..i did for my h 28.5 1986....they gave me gold coast marine in florida....i got exact stanchion...11 years after origional manufacturing...good luck...schaefer

Status
Not open for further replies.