Life Raft for Oceanis 45

May 10, 2007
Beneteau 45 Annapolis
Does anyone know of a life raft that will fit in the life raft compartment on a Oceanis 45? The distance from the bottom to the top cover including the cover latches is hard to measure accurately. I'm having difficulty finding any offshore raft that will fit. Any suggestions?

Jun 1, 2016
Beneteau Oceanis 45 Palm Beach
I have a new Oceanis 45. We have a Revere 6 person "Coastal" in the life raft compartment. It fits just fine. We're in Florida and regularly cruise the Bahamas.

Aug 4, 2015
Oceanis 45 Chicago, Montrose Harbor
I'm now thinking about a life raft for next summer, especially after a 40' boat sank during the Chicago to Mackinac Island race this year. Regarding the life raft compartment on the Oceanis 45, I'm not sold on the idea of that being a good place to stow it.
To open the compartment, you need to un-clip all the transom life lines, then you need to lower the swim platform. Lowering the platform requires power to the Linak actuator which you might not have, if the boat is half under water. I'll probably go with a deck mounted raft in a hard case.

May 10, 2007
Beneteau 45 Annapolis
I was able to borrow an empty case for a Viking Rescue You Pro raft at the Annapolis boat show. Either the 6 or 8 man raft will fit in the locker. To get it out you only have to unclip the bench and tip it up, not fold the whole thing down.