Lewmar Winch Sale

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Just a reminder that Lewmar and West Marine are running their yearly two for one sale. Most all their winches and handles are available for this great bargain. This isn't an ad... it's a simple heads up to all y'all that might have been waiting to pull the trigger on a super cool upgrade for your precious, older boat like I did a few years back.:cool:

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
Is there anyone out there interested in going in with us and take advantage of this?
We need one two speed self tailing winch larger than a Lewmar 16 and no bigger than a 42.

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
I am not sure but checked the prices on the WM web site and they seem higher than what I got mine
Last year with the BOGO for Lewmar winches.
Nick

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
I am not sure but checked the prices on the WM web site and they seem higher than what I got mine
Last year with the BOGO for Lewmar winches.
Nick
Unfortunately, we are not able to go back in time.... I'm not anyway.... so I would suggest comparing current prices. Half price minus your gold card credit redemptions, even on the premium retail price at WM, is way, way cheaper than any discount on new winches you'll find anywhere.
A chrome/bronze lewmar evo 30st is $1,029 wm retail.
Minus 4% = $988 so it's $494 per winch!
Defender's super discount price is $766 for one(still pretty good).... plus they also have a winch handle promo that might be worth another $100. Still save $170 or so per winch.... I made my purchase about 3 years ago. My recollection is that retail amount hasn't gone up that much if at all. But, that's water under the bridge anyway.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Over the years/decades I remember the West catalog came out. Their prices went up in January, every year IIRC, but maybe not for EVERYTHING.

Dec 23, 2016
Catalina 27 Clinton CT
I just called Defender for fun. They will adjust the price to match the BOGO. They will even throw in the free winch handle as a bonus. Calling my buddy to see if he is going to replace the winches on his boat this year !!!