LEWMAR Fixed Windows for a 2003/2004 Hunter 36

Oct 4, 2008
Hunter 36 Mulberry Cove Marina
I have a crazed starboard side fixed window and need to locate a source to replace it. Contacted Hunter and they stated Lewmar doesn't sell fixed windows any longer. They do not have any windows for a H36 in overstock. Any advice information is appreciated.

1618864680252.png

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Contact the forum store as they have the build list on your boats but see if any yard has scrap material. Others will chime in with other suggestions.

Dow 795 was the sealant used. If there any screws, do not tighten down too hard. Suggest taping so sealant will stay on the tape, not all over the boat. Use alcohol for cleaning. NEVER USE ACETONE ON THIS PROJECT

• Helpful
Jan 5, 2017
Hunter 356 SF Bay / Delta
We have the same issue with our 356. The large windshield still looks pretty good, and I've replaced the opening portlights so they're shiny and new... but the 4 Lewmar fixed portlights all have at least moderate crazing. I haven't found a good solution other than having a plastics shop fabricate new, but I'm hesitant to break the seal on the existing ones.

Oct 4, 2008
Contact the forum store as they have the build list on your boats but see if any yard has scrap material. Others will chime in with other suggestions.

Dow 795 was the sealant used. If there any screws, do not tighten down too hard. Suggest taping so sealant will stay on the tape, not all over the boat. Use alcohol for cleaning. NEVER USE ACETONE ON THIS PROJECT
Thanks for the advice.

Oct 4, 2008
We have the same issue with our 356. The large windshield still looks pretty good, and I've replaced the opening portlights so they're shiny and new... but the 4 Lewmar fixed portlights all have at least moderate crazing. I haven't found a good solution other than having a plastics shop fabricate new, but I'm hesitant to break the seal on the existing ones.
Thanks for the reply. I have the same reservations. A neighbor H38 found a fabricator removed his windows to ensure the cut would be exact and has suffered with leaks non-stop.

Apr 8, 2011
Hunter 40 Deale, MD
I have a crazed starboard side fixed window and need to locate a source to replace it. Contacted Hunter and they stated Lewmar doesn't sell fixed windows any longer. They do not have any windows for a H36 in overstock. Any advice information is appreciated.

View attachment 192894
Just curious, what year is your H36 (I assume you mean Hunter 36)? I've never seen those windows, or the windshield, on either the original H36 or the H36-2 (mine is a 2009 H36). It looks like a very different boat.

Oct 4, 2008
Just curious, what year is your H36 (I assume you mean Hunter 36)? I've never seen those windows, or the windshield, on either the original H36 or the H36-2 (mine is a 2009 H36). It looks like a very different boat.
build year was 2003
model year is 2004

Apr 8, 2011
Hunter 40 Deale, MD
Karellen I was wondering if maybe the picture in the first post shows some big canvas pieces covering the ports that make it look like different ports than we have in our H356/36's.

Oct 4, 2008
Karellen I was wondering if maybe the picture in the first post shows some big canvas pieces covering the ports that make it look like different ports than we have in our H356/36's.
You are absolutely right about the picture. I am attaching a picture I took instead of a screen shot.Metropolitan Park Marina.jpg

Apr 8, 2011
Hunter 40 Deale, MD
Well THAT looks familiar!! Interesting your aft most overhead opening hatch opens from the aft side rather than the forward side, like your other one forward. Any reason why? Love my H36. SO easy to singlehand.

Oct 4, 2008
WOW! Looks like I am SoL on this fix. I contacted the Lewmar partner in Miami. They only do straight cuts and didn't have any recommendation on where to obtain a replacement. Thanks everyone for your assistance. If I find a source for fixed glass I'll update this post.