Lewmar 1000 pro fish windless jammed

CYQK

.
Sep 11, 2009
609
beneteau first 42 kenora
My windless jammed and its from the cap over the chain/rope

Have depressed the button and applied force to loosen but to no avail
Anyone know the fix for this??
 
Jan 1, 2006
8,109
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
I don't know the answer to your question and I don't know the Beneteau line. But I think you'll get more response by providing more details and even a few pictures.
I can't visualize the description in the first sentence. In the second sentence I can't tell if the motor tries to run but can't or if the motor does nothing. Are there foot switches on the bow near the windless or are you running it from the cockpit? Foot switches are a common source of failure. Is the chain engaged with the gypsy?
 
Jan 4, 2006
7,771
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
​
But I think you'll get more response by providing more details and even a few pictures.
I would sugest the following as a logical approach :

1. Follow @shemandr 's instructions to a T. We're not mind readers.

2. If all electrical is well "outside of the windlass" get a Lewmar Manual on-line for the Lewmar 1000 MODEL and follow the procedure for a quickie disassembly of the top end to see what's jammed. You indicated this is where the problem is suspected :

My windless jammed and its from the cap over the chain/rope

1790879761594.png

​
Do a quickie disassembly without a manual, and you may as well buy a new windlass instead.

3. Or, hire a mechanic for a minimum of $500.00 all for 15 minutes of work.
 
Last edited: