Les Cheneaux (Lake Huron)

Feb 19, 2008
Catalina Capri 18 ann arbor
Hi All,

I’m considering renting a VERBO in Cedarville or Hessel and spending a week on my Capri 18 in the Les Cheneaux islands. Wondering if anyone has been there and can share their experience.

My chart says the water is pretty shallow and the channels are pretty narrow, so I’m imagining that there would be a fair amount of time under motor? Raise sail in St Martin Bay?

If you’ve been there, I’d love to hear about it.

Thanks,

John

Jul 1, 2010
Catalina 350 Lake Huron
We have been there in our Catalina 350. We only anchored in that area for a couple of nights as we were just passing through. Beautiful area, but what part of Lake Huron isn't? Hessel would probably be your better choice of the 2 just because of proximity and the size of your boat.

Starting at the west entrance you should be able to follow all the small boat channels with no problem and anchor in any of the many anchorages. Just pick the right weather window to get over there.

Feb 19, 2008
Catalina Capri 18 ann arbor
@sesmith

thanks!

weather window to get over there isn't much of a problem. The boat is pretty safe on the trailer.
my philosophy with small boats and big water is “when in doubt, there’s plenty to do on land.”