Lehr outboard

Aug 17, 2013
Pearson P30 202 Ottawa/Gatineau
Hey everyone, quick question, my boat came with a 5hp lehr propane outboard, it hasn’t ran in over 3 years, it started on the second pull, but the cooling water isn’t flowing, how difficult is it to check the impeller, never worked on an outboard motor, but familiar to motorcycle and car motors.
I know I want to change the plug and the oil, the engine is practically new the po told me it has about 10 hours on it

Oct 11, 2008
- - Waterford
Hi Fred,
Not really that hard as long as you have mechanical aptitude. Sounds like ya do.
Here is the Service Manual for their 5hp model. LINK
Happy Sailing.
Stephan

Aug 17, 2013
Pearson P30 202 Ottawa/Gatineau
so it took some time to prioritize tuning up the motor, as soon as I installed the tank I had a lead on the secondary hookup, nothing major just a washer, that is nowhere to be found, so I had some rubber sheets at home and made a washer, problem solved.
Then it started on the second pull but was idling very high, found out that the PO loosened a screw holding the air filter, which in turn holds the carb in place, so as soon as I tightened it it ran perfectly.
But it was not peeing, unplugged the hose at a few different locations and they were ok, so I just used a pin in the hole and all is well.
So if all goes well on June 2nd the boat should be in the water with a working outboard