Leading lines aft on a P303

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 23, 2007
- - Chicago, IL
Has anyone taken on the project of leading lines aft from the mast on an older (1983) Pearson 303? While I could probably work out the details myself and I'm aware of the general issues, I'd be interested hearing any suggestions that anyone may have or problems that you may have run into - especially ones that are particular to the 303. I'm especially interested in what sort of arrangement you used at the mast collar. The collar does not have attachment points for blocks. Stand up blocks and half moon blocks are the obvious alternatives, though I'm not entirely enthusiastic about the lack of flexibility and number of holes in the deck that would require. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. -Mike

M

Mike

That is similar

Thanks. I don't have the furler, but that is the collar I have at the mast base. Do your deck organizers and clutches sit directly on the cabin top? If so, do the lines rub on the ridge that's in front of the clutches (where the front lower edge of a dodger would attach)? It seems like there would be a small amount of interference, but probably not enough to need to raise lines.

C

Charlie

Leading lines aft

I have just purchased a 1985 303 and will take delivery in two weeks. I am very interested in how to run the lines aft as I do a lot of single handed sailing. Rich, I noted that you have added some blocks to the deck at the base of the mast. Did you reinforce the deck and bolt them through the cabin top? Did you install rope clutches and if so where are they and how are they fastened to the deck? Thanks for your information. Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.