Late season storage options in Maine.

Oct 13, 2021
Hunter 34 Saint John
I'm looking for some suggestions. I'm from Atlantic Canada, looking to purchase a boat from the greater New England area. Most of the storage options available to me close approx. Oct. 31.
Can anyone suggest some late season / all season boat yards in Maine that would offer reasonable winter storage.

Thanks in advance for your time.

PaulK

Dec 1, 2009
Sabre 402 Southport, CT
If you wait long enough the boat you buy will be hauled out for the winter and the seller will have paid the winter storage for you already. Insurance policies on sailboats often run through 31 October, so boats need to be hauled or put up for the winter by then.

Feb 19, 2020
C&C 41 Newport
We winter at DiMillo’s in Portland. We are live aboards but they also offer in-water storage. Still slips available here.
Before that we were at Royal River in Yarmouth—check for any last minute room.
Rural large yard, and price wise, I’d check Paul’s Marina in Brunswick.

Jun 16, 2020
Hinckley Sou’wester 30 Falmouth ME
Chebeague Island Boat Yard might have some room too. Because they are on an island a short ferry ride from Yarmouth, they might not fill as quickly. Manager, Paul Belesca is a friend - good guy.

Feb 19, 2020
C&C 41 Newport
Chebeague Island Boat Yard might have some room too. Because they are on an island a short ferry ride from Yarmouth, they might not fill as quickly. Manager, Paul Belesca is a friend - good guy.
Spoke with him two weeks ago. When he heard we had a sailboat he cut me off in a second by saying “we choose not to store some boats”. I’d love to hear he’s a good guy and not as hostile to sailors as he came across to me and my wife.

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 30_88-94 Ipswich, Ma MA
Try Handy Boat in Falmouth Foreside just North of Portland or Robinhood Marine in Georgetown, just South of Bath.

Panera

Jan 18, 2014
Hunter 280 Portland, ME
Try Southport Marine in South Portland. Ask for Garrett.

207-799-8191

Jan 2, 2017
O'Day & Islander 322 & 37 Scottsdale, AZ & Owls Head, ME
Mirage is happily at Knight Marine Service in Rockland. Great people. Reasonable rates. Don’t know if they have any room left. They were pretty full when I left for warmer climes.

Mar 20, 2004
Hunter 356 and 216 Portland, ME
Handy's a great yard but I'm pretty sure they're full. Seems like most of Maine is already.