Last 309; Catalina Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 20, 2007
Catalina 355 Kilmarnock, VA
Had a tour of the Catalina factory today - quite impressive, and pretty busy with 5 of the 6 "big boat" (>30 ft) lines filled. The last 309 to be built is nearing completion (doesn't have a keel yet). It's hull #203, and apparently is being pretty extensively tricked out with factory options by whomever ordered it.

My tour was given by Ken Roy, the parts manager (Warren Pandy usually does them but was tied up). Ken is a nice guy, very knowledgable, and a good resource. He encourages anyone to call him with parts questions. They have completed moving all of the parts stock from CA to FL and are in the process of cataloging and organizing it all. I was amazed at some of the obscure bits and pieces they had, even for long discontinued models, and they are able to reproduce many other fiberglass, wood, and metal parts for older boats. Ken's number is 727-544-6681.

Oct 30, 2011
Catalina 309 Fort Myers
I haven't had much luck with response from Ken. I call, leave message, often no reply. Tried e-mail with picture-again no response.

Mar 20, 2007
Catalina 355 Kilmarnock, VA
Yeah - he told me he had been a one-man show until very recently, as well as being tied up with consolidation of the two stocks of parts. He now has two additional people helping him, and is trying to be more responsive.

Repro

Feb 12, 2011
Catalina 309 Brisbane
My hull is number 197.
Last of a breed, very sad.
They still have the 309 on their web site.
But they also have a new boat, the 315.
Maybe the same hull again.
The dimentions look the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.