Lancer 36 Helm Accessories

Sep 19, 2018
Lancer 36 Honolulu
Aloha all,

Pretty basic inquiry... looking for replacement top piece for my existing helm. It does not appear to be an Edson. Wondering best options for finding a replacement top piece. tubing is 1" and center to center post to post is 12.5". Need something to encase new electronics. Gonna go search around the net, but figure somewhere here knows best vendors.

I found a picture of exactly what I'm trying to replace... the helm "pods" I've seen typically tie into the vertical posts while leaving the top alone. I'm trying to replace the entire top with something much larger for electronics package.

2nd edit... this one shows entire pedestal... after researching and reading forums, I almost think I might need to custom fab something :-/

Mahalo.

Attachments

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
You probably are best served doing just that. It will probably as expensive to build than it would be to try and find. Lancer 36 is a nice boat. Do enjoy it and Welcome Aboard.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
BaconSails.com has a number of pods. They are open till 5 EDT, and I just called. If you'll call and maybe send a picture, they will do a look-see for you. Or, maybe someone else on the forum can go over there??? Seems to me the last time I was there they had something 12.5 inches, but only remember it because of the large size.