Lancer 1977 28'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Etch

Apr 6, 2009
2 25 Rye Harbor
Hello all, I will be looking at a 1977 28' Lancer (one owner) this weekend and any advice would be appreciated. From the pictures it looks like all it needs is some clean up otherwise she is ready to go. I will also be putting some $ in for some upgrades of hardware etc etc.
Anyone know anything about these boats I would love to hear from you.
Thanks

Apr 19, 2009
2 ComPac Driveway
Hello all, I will be looking at a 1977 28' Lancer (one owner) this weekend and any advice would be appreciated. From the pictures it looks like all it needs is some clean up otherwise she is ready to go. I will also be putting some $ in for some upgrades of hardware etc etc.
Anyone know anything about these boats I would love to hear from you.
Thanks

Hi Etch,, I am curious how the Viewing went? I too am wanting to look at a 1977 Lancer in Cumberland, RI, This week. It is on one of the Sailboat Listing sites. I too have found the Info on these boats scarce. I'll let you know how my viewing goes.

Jeff.

Feb 1, 2007
-Lancer -28 The Sea Of Cortez
I just got back from a 250 mile Sea Of Cortez Cruise in a L-28 and survived in good shape.. Mine has a 8hp Mercury (Tohatsu) 4-stroke, long shaft and that works great, 1/2 gallon an hour at 5 knots..V-birth sucks, it's 6" too short. Mainsheet location is terrible. Boat SAILS beautifully, fast and sea-kindly, steering is a joy compared to some boats, nice, big, balanced rudder. Sleek lines limit interior space..I LIKE the engine-in-lazzarette feature, some don't..

Status
Not open for further replies.