Lake Water Foot Pump on Catalina 310?

May 11, 2014
Catalina 310 Lake Texoma
Has anyone installed a lake water/sea water foot pump routed to provide water to the galley sink on a Catalina 310?
- Which thru hull did you source the water through?
- How did you position the pump near the Galley Sink?
- Do you have photos of the installation?

My Catalina 30 had a lake water foot pump and I'm coming to realize how much I miss it.

Thanks in advance for your helping me figure this out.

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
...........Which thru hull did you source the water through?.............My Catalina 30 had a lake water foot pump and I'm coming to realize how much I miss it.
Sound like a good project. Since your sailboat had a lake water foot pump was it connected to a dedicated thru hull or did it tee off the raw water engine intake?

RitSim

Jan 29, 2018
Beneteau 411 Branford
On our previously owned C30, the water was connected to thru hull under the sink cabinet but I don't remember which one. It had to be dedicated because the other thru hulls there were sink and icebox drains. The pump foot pedal was placed near the cabinet corner to the stove to avoid a trip point. be sure to add the pump to the wintercare prep. Either make sure it is completely empty or winterized. My first spring launch had a pump diaphragm popped off and led to a slow but significant leak. The yard didn't see the leak and put me out on a mooring. I returned to find water above the cabin sole.

Nov 16, 2012
Catalina 310, 2000, #31 31 Santa Cruz
If you switch your head intake line to the head sink drain line (which lets you use fresh water for flushing the head, although that might not be so helpful for you) you could then use the old thru hull. Not real close to the galley sink, but not a bad run. I don’t think using the galley sink drain would be a good idea, but the shower/icebox one might work, assuming that’s where yours is-not all C310s are the same.