Lake Ontario 300 Miles race is on this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 25, 2008
CS 30 Toronto
It's the longest fresh water race in the world and it is ON this weekend. I will be participating for the 4th consecutive years (3 completed). Stay tuned for real time tracking !

Sep 20, 2006
Hunter 33 Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada
Best of luck. Looks like you'll have some decent weather, unlike last year with several squalls etc.....

bria46

Jan 15, 2011
Oday 272 Waukegan, IL, Sarasota, FL
Sorry, Let me correct you. The Chicago to Mackinac Race IS the longest fresh water race in the world at 333.

jimq26

Jun 5, 2004
- - -
Sorry, let me correct you

Sorry, Let me correct you. The Chicago to Mackinac Race IS the longest fresh water race in the world at 333.
Twenty-one years ago the Lake Ontario Single Handed Racing Society formed the Lake Ontario 300 Challenge as the ultimate long distance race for double handed sailors. Three Hundred Nautical Miles, non-stop from one end of Lake Ontario to the other and returning back to the start. The race was an inspiration after some of the LOSHRS members raced the Chicago MAC race, which is probably why the distance was set as a length slightly longer than the MAC

Apr 22, 2009
Pearson P-31 Quantico
So, 300 is GREATER THAN 333?

Twenty-one years ago . . . formed the Lake Ontario 300 Challenge
. . . . why the distance was set as a length slightly longer . . . .
So, 300 is GREATER THAN 333? I think we have a place for you in Washington DC too, unless the 300 is only an approximation and the real distance is 334.

Sep 20, 2006
Hunter 33 Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada

So, 300 is GREATER THAN 333? I think we have a place for you in Washington DC too, unless the 300 is only an approximation and the real distance is 334.

I dunno....... you tell me :D

Lake Ontario 300 " There have been a variety of courses used, all at least 300 nautical miles (approximately 335 land miles) "

How long is the race?

333 statute miles (289.4 nautical miles) from Chicago, starting just off Navy Pier, to Mackinac

Oct 26, 2005
Oday 28 Detroit/Grosse Pointe Park (O'Day 192, O'Day 28)
It's the longest fresh water race in the world and it is ON this weekend. I will be participating for the 4th consecutive years (3 completed). Stay tuned for real time tracking !
I'm on the train right now to Chicago for the longest running freshwater race (Chicago-Mack), then next week I'll be doing the longest consecutive running freshwater race (Bayview's Port Huron-Mack).

Have fun, Sail Fast, and stay safe!

K

Status
Not open for further replies.