Lake Cayuga to Lake Ontario

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Colin Campbell

I am planning taking a H33.5 from Lake Cayuga in New York State out to Lake Ontario via the canal, does anyone have any information on distances, expetced time required to comlete or height of bridges etc.

J

John Vasey

Lake Ontario?

Colin, read your question, unfortunately I don't know the waterway, but if you are planning to leave your boat in Lake Ontario we are presently organizing a Lake Ontario Hunter Owners Association and a rendezvous for this summer, interested? please email me. (vaseyj@ihorizons.net) TX John

J

John Vasey

Lake Ontario?

Colin, read your question, unfortunately I don't know the waterway, but if you are planning to leave your boat in Lake Ontario we are presently organizing a Lake Ontario Hunter Owners Association and a rendezvous for this summer, interested? please email me. (vaseyj@ihorizons.net) TX John

Rick

Oct 5, 2004
Hunter 420 Passage San Diego
Cayuga to Ontario

I haven't made the trip but I know people that have. I'll check with them regarding transit time. There are low bridges and no facilities to unstep your mast at the northern end of Cayuga Lake. Boats making this trip unstep their masts before leaving Ithaca at the southern end of the Cayuga Lake. Many boats make this trip every year. Check around the marinas in the spring and you'll find people with direct experience. Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.