lacing up the cable bundle for the mast. pics. just sharing.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Thanks for all of the pics. So am I understanding correctly that you purchased a new mast? I'm not seeing the sail track in the pic you provided but I see it in the spec. sheet you linked to.

I've learned something new today. I've never seen a mast with an internal sail track and I've restored a lot of old sailboat. It has me wondering if I just never paid attention before and missed an opportunity.

Apr 25, 2017
pearson 26 holland mi
Thanks for all of the pics. So am I understanding correctly that you purchased a new mast? I'm not seeing the sail track in the pic you provided but I see it in the spec. sheet you linked to.

I've learned something new today. I've never seen a mast with an internal sail track and I've restored a lot of old sailboat. It has me wondering if I just never paid attention before and missed an opportunity.
negative. this mast has the hull number 1533 on it, just like the boat. all signs point to original :)

Apr 25, 2017
pearson 26 holland mi
upload_2018-4-20_16-36-35.png

highlights show the tracks. i didn't think they were tracks either. They're to either side of the main's sail track. There's 2 of em. both worked when i tested the slides.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Thanks... I can't help but wonder if I've just never noticed them before on some of the older boats I've restored.

Apr 25, 2017
pearson 26 holland mi
to be honest i argued with the guy i didn't have em. lol. he had to highlight them in the email like i just did. they're very tiny and i didn't see how they were T shaped to accept and hold a slide. I'll have, rest assured, a lot of pics of it assembled and going together so plenty of time to learn from my discoveries and mistakes :D

Apr 25, 2017
pearson 26 holland mi
You could possibly just clean the track using a rolled up piece of rag or something, attached to messenger lines top and bottom.
Legit. i'll give it a go :) you're right though if there's gunk in the track i might get screwed going together or coming apart.