L-25 Lazarette

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 26, 2007
Lancer 25 SoCal
Good morning all. Thinking about sealing the lazarette and moving the outboard to a mount, probably on the port side. This would give me a dry location, separate from the cabin for storing life jackets, boat hook, fenders, fuel, etc.

Does anyone see a downside to this idea or have suggestions for the lazarette before sealing? Steve

BobM

Jun 10, 2004
S2 9.2A Winthrop, MA
Yes, my old L25 had the stern mount sealed off, as you propose. However, the engine was mounted in the center. The downside to that is that you can't add a boarding ladder in the center of the stern rail.

I'd caution you that off center mounting may cause a list to port. Keeping your fuel tank to the starboard side will help a little, as may an additional battery, which would also added welcome capacity.

Also, you really don't gain a huge amount of storage from it if you have a decent sized fuel tank, and there is the potential to impact your throttle / shift cables if you really pack stuff in there.

Nov 26, 2007
Lancer 25 SoCal
Always appreciate your comments Bob. I wasn't planning on running any throttle/shift cables into the cockpit...just reach through the stern rail to access the outboard. Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.