CYQK

Sep 11, 2009
beneteau first 42 kenora
Anyone on the forum use one of these?
How good are they?
Thks

Mar 3, 2003
Hunter 356 Grand Rivers
I’ve been using Dish network since 2003 on KVH antennas. My first one was a Model 4 that lasted with very limited maintenance until it was obsolete due to,changes in the Dish Satellite network. I used it on a trip from Kentucky Lake to SW Florida via TennTom waterway in 2013 and 2014 and across the Gulf of Mexico from Panama City to Clearwater offshore 75 miles. Then 3 months later Clearwater to Pensacola Bay about 75 miles offshore. It works in 4-5 foot waves with no difficulty. My wife watched the Tennessee Alabama football game as we were offshore Destin. She watched the Today show 75 miles offshore. We had locals so we called Dish when we ran out of Nashville coverage and changed our address to Columbus, MS. In about 5 minutes, we were back up on the locals for Columbus. Next change was Mobile, then Destin, then Panama City, Tampa, Punta Gorda, FL where we stayed the winter. Reversed in the way back.
Spring of 2016 Dish changed satellites and I had to get another antenna. I bought the TV3 as the coverage was nearly the same. Have used it with no maintenance. It has an app that lets you upgrade satellite data and firmware when ever an upgrade is available. It has its own internal WiFi that connects to the phone/IPad app for the upgrade.
We spend about 70 days a year onboard - always with TV. Highly recommend KVH. You will,need to buy a receiver for Dish and they only work on selected models of receivers. I bought a hard drive so I could use limited DVR. It’s like the early DVR’s in that you can only record what you are watching. No ,ulti Hamner recording at the same time like the Hopper,