• On September 1st, Maine Sail suffered a major hemorrhagic stroke. One of the most generous members of our sailing community, he has helped thousands. Now it's our turn. Click here to learn more

Kudos to Hansen Marine Engineering and F.L. Tripp and Sons Marina

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 Westport, MA
There was a thread a while back where someone was saying that Westerbeke parts availability wasn't so good. Please allow me to put that to rest!

Yesterday I finally tracked down the mysterious, slow coolant leak I have to the hose that runs from the coolant circulating pump (water pump) to the heat exchanger. It's a custom, molded hose that's 1 3/4" in diameter with five bends in it, and a coiled wire reinforcement inside.

I found the part number in my parts book and called the marina where I'm moored, F.L. Tripp and Sons. I was transferred to Craig, the "motor guy," and he said he didn't have one, but would order it. That was about 2:00 p.m. yesterday.

Today at 1:33 p.m. I got a text from the yard manager saying "the launch driver is on the way with your hose." I stood on the port deck and he handed it to me as he went by.

Now, that's service, and parts availability!!!

ToddS

Sep 11, 2017
Beneteau 373 Cape Cod
Unrelated to your westerbeke part... but... I just recently visited Westport for the first time, and rented a mooring from F.L. Tripp and Sons... Beautiful location and great access to beach... and they were helpful with the reserving/arriving/renting process. We'll likely return to them in the future. Two thumbs up for this business!