Kettenburg 38

Jan 25, 2011
S2 11.0A Anacortes, WA
E25473C6-4923-4632-9918-D348C85A9607.jpeg we were in Ganges a few days ago and noticed this wooden sailboat tied to the end of an adjacent dock..Sure looked like a K38 and I walked over to investigate. A little history...The first boat i ever sailed on was my grandfathers K38 when I was around 10. I was met with private property signs on the dock and was challenged so I stated that i wanted to see the name of that boat and they hooked me up with owner who showed me the boat. Was not my granfathers as I’m pretty sure it’s now in in Sydney.. But it was one of the three that came to Seattle and owned by grandfathers friend. I might have sailed on it. This boat is for sale. 10k CAD and i think 5K US would do it. All ribs have been replaced and replanked..It has been cared for so as not to rot away. 2cyl yanmar that runs. I’m just putting the word out that the current owner wants out. The interior is not bad but needs work. I have a lot pics. I would do it if I had a rent free place to keep it....

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
Wonderful boat. Hope someone picks it up.