Kenyon Kerosene Stove

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Winnifred Johnston

My husband and I have a 1983 H34 that came equipped with a 2 burner kerosene stove. The oven burner assembly is shot and needs to be replaced. I've tried the folks at Kenyon, but since the stove is no longer made, they could not assist me with parts. I need the burner assembly to replace the one in the oven. I'm hoping that some of you on this list who have converted your stoves to propane may have a burner assembly laying around that I can purchase. Please don't tell me to get a 'non-kerosene' stove, it just ain't in the budget right now. Plus, hubby is shopping around for a dinghy so my little burner is LOW on the priority list. Happy Sailing Winni/Island Hops

D

David McKie

Stove oven

I have converted my stove and have the parts you need. Will be back 8/31/99.

D

Don

Admire your understanding

I laughed when I read your plea for used parts due to budgetary contraints. My sailing family is not so understanding, i.e., my long desired dinghy replacement has not even reached the list.

S

Scott Johnston

Understanding a must

Actually my wife creates some wonderfull meals in our galley with the kero stove and so far the lack of oven burner has not been a major issue. After all the work involved in replacing the fixed ports we will just be glad to be back on the water. Plus getting a dingy is a priority for our Y2K Bahamas trip. It does help that both of us enjoy being on the boat though. Easier to understand the comprimizes that need to be made when prioritizing upgrades. For example... "Sorry honey, that A/C unit will have to wait. I did get the other fans installed though!" Scott 83-H34 Island Hops

G

Gene Gruender, Rainbow Chaser

Where to get burners

The burners are generic. Call Force 10, theirs will work just fine. I'd also recommend getting some extra orfices. Gene Gruender Rainbow Chaser

W

Winnifred Johnston

Thank You All

for responding to my kerosene stove posting. I spoke with the folks at TASCO and while very helpful, they did not have the parts. I am going to wait until I speak with David McKie, before I contact Force 10. David, my email address is: winnij@duralan.com On another note, we were down at St. Simons Island this weekend, where our boat is slipped to prepare her for Dennis. I hope that everyone in areas where Dennis hit are okay and made it through with no damage. Again, thank you all. Winni s/v Island Hops H34

Status
Not open for further replies.