Keep yanmar yse 12 or buy volvo md2?

Jan 14, 2011
tanzer tanzer 28 bathurst nb
Y yanmar yse12 need a new sleeve, i can get the labor done for free, however i am having trouble locating the new cylinder sleeve required. The parts seem to be no longer available. The only motor available in my area is a volvo md2 in working order with unknown hours. Should i try finding the parts that seems unavailable and take a chance at not having any engine or should i get the old volvo for 1200$ before someone else buys it?

I would like to know your oppinion?

Thanks, paul b

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
theres a guy on ebay that sells yanmar parts if you have the pn,s for what you need try to contact him and see if he has them...i think his ebay name is Endrowes or something like that he is in jackson tn....mght be worth a try ......good luck...

regards

woody

Dec 20, 2011
Cal 28 Eagle River
I have this motor and love it .. you can get the cylinder sleeve From yanmar dealer or most Engine shops after market..If you junk the motor let me know Maybe we can work something out! ..............Dale

Mar 24, 2012
hooligan 30catalina tall gulfport fl
Ihad a 25' hunter that that had a YSE8. I rebuilt it in 1998 parts were available then.I would check yanmar dealers around the country. Mastry in St.Pete.Fl.is the florida distributer. maybe they can help you out. I think you will have the same or worse & be a lot more expensive w/the volvo. In these part smost will agree thet the volvo would make a very good mooring ankor. Larry

CalebD

Jun 27, 2006
Tartan 27' 1967 Nyack, NY
I'll advise you do not buy a Volvo.
Parts can be quite expensive if you can find them.

Jan 14, 2011
tanzer tanzer 28 bathurst nb
Thanks guy, i got lucky, someone else then the dealer ordered parts for me from the states, i am happy ill have a brand new rebuilt engine