Keel retrofit

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paul

I am considering altering the keel on a 34' Sabre from a 6' draft to a bulb/wing shoal draft keel. Are there any problems or considerations that I need to know about prior to making the modification? I haven't bought the boat yet, but the 6' draft presents a real problem for the waters that I sail in. Any recommendations on a good boatyard to do the work? The boat is in Marblehead, MA. Thanks.

P

Paul

I am considering altering the keel on a 34' Sabre from a 6' draft to a bulb/wing shoal draft keel. Are there any problems or considerations that I need to know about prior to making the modification? I haven't bought the boat yet, but the 6' draft presents a real problem for the waters that I sail in. Any recommendations on a good boatyard to do the work? The boat is in Marblehead, MA. Thanks.

P

Paul

Mars Keels Website

Thanks for the recommendation. The Mars keels website was extremely helpful.

P

Paul

Mars Keels Website

Thanks for the recommendation. The Mars keels website was extremely helpful.

J

John Duffy

Sailing In Somer's Point

Paul, I'm moving to Somer's Point, (weekends). Will buy first cruiser. An tips on sailing in this area? John

J

John Duffy

Sailing In Somer's Point

Paul, I'm moving to Somer's Point, (weekends). Will buy first cruiser. An tips on sailing in this area? John

P

Paul

Welcome

Hi John, Welcome to the area. A few things to consider depending on where you'll be sailing: - the bay is relatively shallow; more than 5' draft will limit you somewhat. - choice of marinas- Harbour Cove (Somers Point)or Seaview (Longport) are nice choices for sailboats. - Ocean City Yacht Club offers some nice bay and ocean racing events if you're into that. More questions? Please email me at wolopepg@comcast.com Paul

P

Paul

Welcome

Hi John, Welcome to the area. A few things to consider depending on where you'll be sailing: - the bay is relatively shallow; more than 5' draft will limit you somewhat. - choice of marinas- Harbour Cove (Somers Point)or Seaview (Longport) are nice choices for sailboats. - Ocean City Yacht Club offers some nice bay and ocean racing events if you're into that. More questions? Please email me at wolopepg@comcast.com Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.