Keel Mast Plate Replacement

Letta

Nov 6, 2020
Sirius 21 FL
Have a beautiful O’Day and would like to strengthen or replace the mounting plate under the mast. Any suggestions as to where I could find a replacement plate?

Sep 20, 2021
Oday International Temptest Lake Livingston
Hello all- I hope this is the right place for this conversation/Question... I have an O-day International Tempest. This boat was a basket case but most of the stuff was there... I am missing a few things I believe... Of the most important would be the Mast Heel. I can't find a picture of one even.... I understand this boats are all rigged a little different, Min has the Diamond spreader, and stay style... I don't quite understand how the mast partner works, as mine seems to have a compound lever attached to Move the mast? Maybe a Cunningham? Maybe its for keel adjustment... Anyway, I am not new to sailing, having owned compac 16, Norman Cross 37, sunfish, laser, Vancouver 25, Hobie 16, and walker bay 8'. I am just looking for the right person that is interested in sharing some History with me of this old boat.. Thanks in advance, I am in Livingston Texas if anyone just so happens to be close and wants to spend a weekend at the lake!

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
...............I have an O-day International Tempest.......... Of the most important would be the Mast Heel............ I don't quite understand how the mast partner works, as mine seems to have a compound lever attached to Move the mast? Maybe a Cunningham? Maybe its for keel adjustment..................
Welcome to the forum!!

Suggest getting an owner's manual for your O'Day from this site: I Heart O'Days - Manuals (iheartodays.com) and Rudy at DR Marine for equipment questions DR Marine Product List . Please post photos of the mast heel, mast partner with compound lever and what you think is the cunningham so the forum can help.

Sep 20, 2021
Hey thanks for the welcome and the reply... I have a book called "sandbag" which has a bunch of good information. That website was a good shot, but unfortunately I don't see international tempest... I suppose while today did build it, it was an Olympic boat. But that is just speculative... I have read some archived posts that people mentioned it, but I was hoping someone that actually sailed or have would be here... I will get a picture of the mask partner tomorrow... That will be helpful, also. Boat looks like it will be a ton of fun!!! We will see. Thanks for any help you can give!!!

Attachments

Jun 11, 2004
Oday 31 Redondo Beach
Big Dream:
Sounds like a great boat but you kind of stepped on Letta's original post.
I don't know how to do it but for clarity these posts should be separated.

Sep 20, 2021
Big Dream:
Sounds like a great boat but you kind of stepped on Letta's original post.
I don't know how to do it but for clarity these posts should be separated.
Yeah you are probably correct... I will try a start a thread or something,, thanks for the help all.

Sep 24, 2018
O'Day 25 Chicago
Have a beautiful O’Day and would like to strengthen or replace the mounting plate under the mast. Any suggestions as to where I could find a replacement plate?
What model O'Day do you have? What's the reasoning for wanting to make it stronger?