Keel floor stiffener tabs lifting

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuka

Jul 27, 2011
Catalina 31 Vancouver
Hi there, looking for some advice on a boat that I am considering purchasing. When we had it surveyed, we noticed that the keel floor tabs were lifting and there is staining visible in the cracks. It cannot be determined at this point how far the water has penetrated and if simply grinding and reglassing would suffice. Has anyone experienced or seen this type of deficiency?

Thanks!

Attachments

nuka

Jul 27, 2011
Catalina 31 Vancouver
Thanks Paul. Anxiously awaiting surveyor's report and seller's response to findings.

paulj

Mar 16, 2007
Catalina 310 Anacortes,Wa
nuka

The bidlge pictures are of my 2002 Cat 310...never bothered to fix since water came from inside.

paulj :troll:

nuka

Jul 27, 2011
Catalina 31 Vancouver
We were concerned because we didn't know where water would go if it penetrated below.

paulj

Mar 16, 2007
Paul, did you determine what caused the cracking?

nuka

No.

There are just to many reasons for causing these surface cracks....the water just brings attention to them.

Ask your surveyor, they have been trained to answer these questions.

You will learn about boat leaks and what to do with them as you progress as a boat owner.....you can always seek this site for advice .:poke:

nuka

Jul 27, 2011
Catalina 31 Vancouver
Thanks for the advice! Decided to go ahead with the purchase. Now have to figure out how to sail the boat up to Vancouver from Seattle.

paulj

Mar 16, 2007
Thanks for the advice! Decided to go ahead with the purchase. Now have to figure out how to sail the boat up to Vancouver from Seattle.

nuka

Let me know if you want some help getting the boat up there.

Where is the boat at now (name of marina)?

What year and model is the Catalina?

Vancouver BC ?

Send me an e-mail................

ps......you pay for dinner

Nov 18, 2010
Catalina 310 Hingham, MA
Looks like a nice boat. Congrats NUKA.

Witz,

We purchased a 2001 (hull #65) in December for $64K in RI. I have a list of all the C310 that sold through Yachtworld over the last 5 years and what the asking price and sale price was. This was from info from Soldboats.com. Our broker sent me the print out and I put a spread sheet together from the info to help in deciding on our offer price. If you PM me with your email I can send you a copy.

JK

Dec 25, 2008
catalina 310 Elk River
Looks like a nice boat. Congrats NUKA.

Witz,

We purchased a 2001 (hull #65) in December for $64K in RI. I have a list of all the C310 that sold through Yachtworld over the last 5 years and what the asking price and sale price was. This was from info from Soldboats.com. Our broker sent me the print out and I put a spread sheet together from the info to help in deciding on our offer price. If you PM me with your email I can send you a copy.

JK
Thanks for the info, we bought ours in August of 2008 for 64.5K in Annapolis, AC and in mast furlowing, so it appears to be holding it's value quit well.
:)

nuka

Jul 27, 2011
Catalina 31 Vancouver
The surveyor said price should be 64k if deficiencies addressed by owner and 60k if not. We agreed to close to the lower number for this 2000 model.

gpd955

Feb 22, 2006
Catalina 310 Cape May, NJ
Very nice, nuka. Love the cockpit enclosure. Best of luck with the sale process. You will love the boat!

nuka

Jul 27, 2011
Catalina 31 Vancouver
gpd955 said:
Very nice, nuka. Love the cockpit enclosure. Best of luck with the sale process. You will love the boat!
Thanks! Taking possession this weekend! Can hardly wait.

Jun 4, 2009
Catalina 309 Swantown Marina Olympia, WA
NUKA, You are getting a well cared for 310, you will get a lot of enjoyment out of it. When you come by this weekend to pick it up, stop by and say hello if we are there. Slip D-4 "Big Luv" C309. I've been following your posts since we share some of the same hull parts. What did the surveyor have to say about the tabbing?

Bob

nuka

Jul 27, 2011
Catalina 31 Vancouver
tahomathundr said:
NUKA, You are getting a well cared for 310, you will get a lot of enjoyment out of it. When you come by this weekend to pick it up, stop by and say hello if we are there. Slip D-4 "Big Luv" C309. I've been following your posts since we share some of the same hull parts. What did the surveyor have to say about the tabbing?

Bob
The surveyor didn't say what the cause was. He said it would require investigation and told us it would cost a couple of thousand to fix. We decided that we would take the boat 'as is' and will investigate it when we get it home to Vancouver. Hopefully, we will see you on the weekend.

Cheers, Nuka

Status
Not open for further replies.