just wonderin?

May 27, 2015
columbia 8.7 baytown
howdy all, new to this sight and to sailing so if this sounds funny or i'm a little off or if my rig is not original to my boat let me know. whats going on is both my gib and main are on roller furling on the main i keep winding up my boom lift when letting the sail in or out. on the genoa i keep geting the line rolled op in the roller furling. anyone gotta clue as to why it would be riged this way or know what to do about it?

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
I'm not the one to help but I noticed no one else is responding. Post pictures along with the boat brand and model and the furler brand and model. Hopefully some here will be able to help.

Welcome to the forum and to sailing!

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
You might want to post this on Ask All sailors, too.

May 27, 2015
Columbia 8.3 Alamitos bay, Long Beach Ca
Re:just wondering

Not sure about the main furling. but on my 8.3 with a jib furling there is only one line going to the furlier. The line is not wound up when the jib is not in use but when a sheet is pulled, opening the jib, the line is rolled up so that when you want to furl the jib you just up on the furling line which then raps up you jib. There are sometimes when the furling was wound in the wrong direction, then nothing works right...