Just when you think you've gotten ahead of the project list

WayneH

Jan 22, 2008
Tartan 37 287 Pensacola, FL
We got out the dinghy and inflated it to test the tubes for leaks. Then the Admiral and I test loaded the motor onto the dinghy with the Admiral in the dinghy directing the motor. Our new NovaLift crane worked like a charm picking the motor off the mothership stern rain and onto the dinghy transom. Then we reloaded the motor back on to the stern rail in case the tubes decided not to hold air. Due to the way the dinghy floats with no load, we lifted the bow out of the water and tied it to the mothership. Pulled the drain plug because we were expecting rain. The next morning we were greeted with this sight.
IMG_20230605_181242131_HDR.jpg
We have had the bottom reglued like 10 years ago. So that was an option but the bit of rot on the transom and lack of time to repair it made us lean towards replacement. Then the Admiral says "it's a dammed good thing that floor didn't fail while I was in the dinghy yesterday!" I agree because people would have heard her scream :yikes: all the way to the marina office.

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
That's not a happy sight... Looks like time for a new dinghy. Especially if the bottom came out and it deflated as shown.

dj

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
Just when you think you've gotten ahead of the project list
That means selling the boat. :confused:

Admiral says "it's a dammed good thing that floor didn't fail while I was in the dinghy yesterday!" I agree because people would have heard her scream :yikes: all the way to the marina office
Would have been entertaining. Especially if the marina was full of spectators. :biggrin:
I would have been laughing as I pulled the admiral out of the water...

Seriously though... This should be a good warning to those who just assume something is good shape.

Last edited: