Just repowered my Catalina 36 Universal mp25xp with a rebuilt. Starts right up but when I take my finger off the ignition it just dies.

Jops

Sep 19, 2020
Catalina Catalina 36 San Diego
Leslie,
Thank you for all your help. One more question. what is this sensor? Seems like there should be a wire connecting to it but there never was.

Attachments

Jops

Sep 19, 2020
That is what I thought but I have this sender united that the temp gauge was connected to.

Attachments

RoyS

Jun 3, 2012
Hunter 33 Steamboat Wharf, Hull, MA
Those goofy temperature sensors often use a brass stud with a groove to hold a push on wire terminal by friction. This instead of a screw. The wire falls off easily and you have no temperature sensor. Hopeless design used over and over by many manufacturers.

Jops

Sep 19, 2020
So are you saying I have two water temps? One a push on and the other the screw type. Thank you

Jops

Sep 19, 2020
Thanks, everyone for the help. I ended up getting it working. After replacing fuel lines, cleaning the fuel tank, new wire harness I still couldn't get the rebuilt engine to start properly. The company that sold me the engine told me everything was rebuilt and tested. Turned out that wasn't the case, I had the fuel pump rebuilt and it fired right up. County Sales and Service out of Ohio were too good to be true. Sad that they wasted so much of my time.