Just a hello....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 6, 2011
Seafarer 24 Flowery Branch, GA
Hi all...just wanted to wave hello and dip my toes in the water here for a bit. I purchased a 1974 Seafarer 24 at the end of august after it became beyond clear that bringing the Satana 21 my aunt and uncle gave me back to life wasnt going to happen.
So, now I have Dream Weaver(2) and am loving it :) she's a finkeel and handles nicely, though I'm experiencing a steep learning curve ;) up until last month I'd never singlehanded before. Yep...diving in the deep end! I've had a couple of heartstopping moments when the winds have been up a bit, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time before I'm comfortable. I try to take someone with me whenever I can, but I won't let that keep me off the water.

I'll post some photos once I sort a place to upload them!!

Jun 12, 2010
Oday 22 Orleans Marina, NOLA
Welcome.

It takes time, study, practice, and humility.

I started sailing just over a year ago, mostly single-handed. I go out almost every weekend and I'm just getting to the point where I'm confident I can manage most conditions. This is primarily the result of seeing how the boat handles different conditions and learning to trust it. Proper setup for single handing is also important.

Looking forward to seeing some pics.

Dec 25, 2008
Catalina 34 St. Simons Island
DreamWeaver: How is it going with the Seafarer 24? I assume you sail on Lake Lanier since you're located in Flowery Branch. I live near Augusta but sail at the coast on a Seafarer 29.

Status
Not open for further replies.