Jump Start Pack Won't Charge

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
I have an Anker emergency jump pack that won't charge. I plug it in and the LED meter goes immediately to full. Leave it overnight, unplug it, and nothing. I think it's a Lithium Ion pack. Any ideas?

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
Most common fault for battery booster packs is it needs a new battery.

Not occasionally charging it to keep it topped up and leaving it charging too long, are 2 common ways to kill a battery booster pack, depending on composition

If you have a multimeter you could check the voltage at the battery terminals while it is charging to confirm that the charger circuit is working.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2011
Hunter H33 Port Credit Harbour, ON.
I just changed mine. It was a different manufacturer but it was an AGM battery. About half the cost of a new unit.

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
Get a new one, the battery alone sells for as much as new one. I do not like these lithium Ion battery packs as they only work to jump a low but good battery. If the battery in the vehicle is bad it will not help any to start the engine. On the other hand the old traditional battery packs powered by a small 12V wet cell will have enough cranking amps to start an engine whether the battery is low, bad or missing.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
On the other hand the old traditional battery packs powered by a small 12V wet cell will have enough cranking amps to start an engine whether the battery is low, bad or missing.
And cheaper to replace the battery when it dies.:thumbup:

Sep 25, 2008
Alden 50 Sarasota, Florida
I have an Anker emergency jump pack that won't charge. I plug it in and the LED meter goes immediately to full. Leave it overnight, unplug it, and nothing. I think it's a Lithium Ion pack. Any ideas?
Check the charge voltage as it is charging. Might be the charging circuit. Might be the battery. Might be a bad connection. Only a voltmeter knows for sure