July Cruise Photos (PHOTO HEAVY)

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
Sorry to be so late to getting some of these up but....been busy. Enjoy...

Christmas Cove, ME:

Somewhere in the fog (love the boat name):

Five Islands, ME:

Quahog Bay:

The Basin:

Cocktails & Hor'dourves Island Style:

The Kids Swimming:

A Sunset:

A Pulsifer Hampton Center Console:

Sunset Damariscove Island:

Damariscove Island Looking Back Towards Boothbay:

Maine Granite - Damariscove Island:

Cove - Sometimes when we say "cove" we really mean it:

Classic Boat, Classic Anchor:

Woodies:

A classic Lyman (yes even some power boats can make me drool):

Yes, It Rained!!:

Sunrise:

Lobster Dock:

Fog Burning Off:

Dinghy In The Fog:

Sunset Boothbay Harbor:

Old Wooden Cat Boat:

A New Classic:

RAD

Jun 3, 2004
Catalina 30 Bay Shore, N.Y.
:) Nice
really enjoyed the woodies, especially the newer one with the teak decks

May 23, 2007
Catalina Capri 22 Albany, Oregon
Very nice! One I miss being out here in Oregon is the Maine coast. We've got coast but it's different.

My grandfather had a Lyman - a bit older/bigger than that one. Wish we'd known then what I know now about the value of a restored one . . . 8^/

Chris

paulj

Mar 16, 2007
Catalina 310 Anacortes,Wa
Maine Sail
Top drawer...........
Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures.

paulj :troll:

Dec 9, 2008
1980 Hunter 30 "Denali" Seaford, VA
Nice photos MS! What country were you in? :D

Sure is some cool scenery up there!

Thanks for sharing the photos!

I was checking out your boat last night, made me drool!

Sep 29, 2008
Catalina 310 #185 Quantico
For the 1st and last photos can you elaborate?

Both are spectacular and leave me wanting to know more?

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
Both are spectacular and leave me wanting to know more?
I can't tell you much about the first boat other than a local told me she was built in Maine in the 30's or 40's and hewas fairly sure she was built by Hodgdon. Hodgdon is still building perhaps some of the most finely crafted yachts on the planet out or East Boothbay, ME.

Hodgdon Yachts (LINK)

The last photo is easy she's a Morris M36. She was designed by Sparkman & Stephens, as opposed to Chuck Paine, who drew the vast majority Morris Yachts models..

Morris M36 (LINK)

TimCup

Jan 30, 2008
Catalina 22 St. Pete
Maine Sail- Amazing-

By the third photo, I forgot I was reading your post, and thought I was admiring art. I'd tell you which one I liked best, but I can't decide... but I'm pretty sure we wouldn't agree- The rock around the cove is something I just don't ever get to see. I guess beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder. Thanks.

cup

Jul 24, 2006
Legnos, Starwind, Regal Mystic 30 cutter, 22 trailer sailor, bow rider NEW PORT RICHEY, FL
Nice, your shots made me feel like I was actually there. Still would'nt trade palm trees and sand for rocky shore but gotta love those beautiful boats. Thanks Maine for sharring.

Jan 5, 2004
Hunter 33 Huntington NY
I just got back from a 4 day trip to Kennebunkport and Bar Harbor (by car, unfortunately). Can't wait to return to Maine, hopefully one day by boat.

Gregg

Sep 25, 2008
Morgan 415 Out Island Rogersville, AL
Golly, I miss living in Camden and seeing those sights on a regular basis. It is tough living soooo far inland. Thanks Mains Sail for posting the wonderful pictures.

Oct 14, 2005
1983 Hunter H34 North East, MD
Maine Sail...

you truely captured the flavor of sailing your home waters of New England. The uniqueness of some of the watercraft is something we only see in Soundings and the like. Excelllent!

Sep 20, 2005
None None None
Thanks for taking us there...

We sail Buzzards Bay, down where the water is warm, and the fog not nearly as frequent. Never sailed farther north than Provincetown, but we dream regularly of sailing the Maine coast from Portland to Lubec.

Without radar, Loran, and AP we wouldn't dare, but we're edging closer to chartering there instead. I can usually get no more than a week off, and it would take all of that and hard sailing just to get to Midcoast Maine and back.

After seeing your beautiful photos, all I can think of is quitting my job and heading north. Maybe next year....

Jeff

Mar 16, 2009
2 260 Lake Pleasant
additional ME sailing pics

I have had the pleasure of enjoying sailing in ME over the past month as well. My job has me traveling from PHX AZ to Maine for the next year so a great opportunity to get out and sail in these great waters. After a few weeks of searching around Points East help me link up with Johnathan Smith owner of SV Drumbeat, a fully restored, 1961 Joihn Alden, 37 ft wooden ketch sailing out of Stockton Harbor, ME. I have attached some of my pics of our weekend trips. So far we have sailed over 200 NM going out every weekend weather and fog permitted.

Attachments