July 1. Canada Day... How do you celebrate?

DaveJ

Apr 2, 2013
Catalina 310 Niagara-on-the-Lake
Often in Toronto Harbour, a 25 mile sail. Fabulous fireworks and the CN Tower is always lit up in red and white.
Plus I enjoy adding the odd 'u' in some of the replies on this forum...
Cheers
dj

Dec 31, 2016
Beneteau Oceanis 351 Charlottetown
The last 2 years we're on the water traveling to a different province, before that in the harbour watching fireworks.

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
Nice write up John! Congrats on getting published :beer:
Are you planning a summer cruise with the Saturna Lamb BBQ one of the stops?

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I am planning a couple of summer cruises. Just not yet firm as to the dates. I know if I am near Saturna on the 1st of July I would certainly stop in and check it out. The folks I spoke to were every bit sincere and excited about the event. Sounded to me like it would be a fun day.

Oct 22, 2014
No Ward. That is a dock across the bay. We could not see it because of the blowing snow - white out.
It is across the bay and on the other side off of Winter Cove. Another place we did not see or visit due to the weather that tried to keep us away.

Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
last lamb.jpg Last Lamb is for the volunteers. Nice write up John. Almost enough to make me stay home this year. It will be my 4th miss as long as I've owned a boat.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Nice write up John! Congrats on getting published :beer:
:plus:
Just another reason to add the PNW to my trailersailing bucket list.

We caught the Canada Day parade in Montreal once and I was surprised by how small it was. A lot of fun though. Of course there is always a festival or two going on in Montreal.

For a real visual and musical banquette in Montreal, the Gay Pride Parade is amazing.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Oct 22, 2014
Dave... Get out here in the PNW and I have some 18 year old Rum we can test and see if we really need Cake...

DaveJ

Apr 2, 2013
Catalina 310 Niagara-on-the-Lake
I have a sailing brother-in-law in Saanichton. About 6 years ago we cruised up to Desolation Sound, 10 days, loved that area!
Glad I wasn't swimming when the orcas came about 50' from the boat....
If I get back out there I'll let others on this forum know, maybe a chance to meet-up.
Cheers
dj

Oct 22, 2014
Dave.... He deserves a visit. 6 Years? You are not getting any younger. And some of us are on borrowed time... :liar:;)
I would look forward to the opportunity.
My wife is telling me that our May 1 trip may need to include a visit to the Butchart Gardens in Victoria. :dancing:

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
@jssailem you going to the poor innocent lamb roast?? It’s right before the Canadian Catalina Rendezvous —. I might have to make it a stop on the way.

Oct 22, 2014
I am looking at the possibility. Have not got a invite to the Canadian gathering.