Joining / Renewing Membership in C310IA

Dec 16, 2011
Catalina 310 Atlantic Highlands
Good morning. tl;dr: You can join / renew your C310IA membership by printing this form and mailing it to me, along with a check...instructions are on the form. (International individuals without the ability to send a check in USD, please contact me for other payment options.)

Long Version:
I hope you will consider a membership with the Catalina 310 International Association so you may enjoy the benefits of this Association of Catalina 310 and Catalina 315 owners, either by joining (if not already a member) or renewing (when you receive your renewal notification from me via e-mail, sent during the quarter when your membership expires). Last year, Catalina merged the C315 owners into the C310 IA, and we’re very pleased to have welcomed C315 owners into the Association!

One of the prime benefits of this membership is a subscription to Catalina Mainsheet, the Catalina owners’ magazine published four times a year – February, May, August and November! Each quarter this periodical contains articles regarding cruising, sailing, racing, boat and gear modifications and upgrades, as well as factory tips. Additionally, each association of owners has a section in the Mainsheet for its members to provide articles of interest specific to that group or Catalina owners in general. Finally, included in each issue is a Technical Section for each Catalina model, containing how-to articles and pictures, as well as questions and answers regarding all aspects of the boat and its equipment. Member submission of general or technical articles through your association Mainsheet editor is encouraged.

Another significant benefit is 50% off BoatU.S. membership – once you have joined the association simply contact me for the group discount code.

Our Association maintains a website containing a current membership list, Burgee order forms, and other C310 / C315 information. CatalinaOwners.com, a mail order supplier of sailing equipment, supports this site. They also provide this message forum specifically for Catalina 310/315 owners. We also have a Facebook page restricted to C310/C315 IA Members only, for sharing of photos, stories, and other items.

Thanks for taking the time to read this message and more importantly, may you continue to enjoy your Catalina 310 or Catalina 315 with smooth sailing and calm seas.

Curtis Sawyer - Association Secretary/Treasurer

Oct 3, 2011
Anam Cara Catalina 310 Hull #155 155 Lake Erie/Catawba Island
Sailors are sometimes known to be notoriously CHEAP but when it comes to VALUE, your membership is a GREAT value all the while supporting our organization and our owners. You can also renew for two years at once to avoid the paperwork every year as we do and save on postage!
Thanks for the reminder Curt!

Apr 13, 2015
Catalina 309 Port Charlotte
Love the Mainsheet magazine. Anyone not a member should truly check out this good value.

Question you all may be able to answer (don't want to hijack the thread, but it seems slightly on topic to the 310 association): why is the Catalina 309 in the Cat 30 association instead of joined with the 310? When I look at my 309 and 310s they seem to be very similar in hull and rig. (Yes, inside layout differs).

Dave in Tampa

pk104

Jun 30, 2009
Catalina 310 Atwood Lake
Curt
Do you still send out forms when membership is due?
Gary

Dec 16, 2011
Catalina 310 Atlantic Highlands
Yes. I send out renewal notifications quarterly during the quarter that those memberships expire. For example, for members for whom the February Mainsheet is their last, I've sent e-mail renewal notifications out in January (a week and a half or so ago). If I don't get a response, I follow up at least two more times, usually around the time Mainsheet is arriving and usually once more the next quarter when I'm sending out renewals for that next group. We used to send out a physical letter in the mail, but in order to keep membership dues as low as possible we switched to e-mail a couple of years ago. If I don't have an e-mail address, or if the e-mail bounces, then I send out a paper renewal notification as a last resort.

Please let me know if that answer isn't clear, or if you have any other questions. Happy to discuss the process.

pk104

Jun 30, 2009
Catalina 310 Atwood Lake
Can you say here what email address should be in our address book to make sure the renewal email doesn’t go in the “junk” file?