Jib Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pat Ross

I have made several modifications on my boat, Rudder Mod, Engine Mount mod, and Roller Furling for the 150% Genoa. Now I am finding I cannot point as closely to the wind due to the need of the 150 to go to the outside of the shrouds. I am thinking of putting an Inner stay between the mast and forestay between, the furled 150 and the Mast. Has any one done this? If so how close can I run the new innerstay to the Furling sail and the Jib still get clean air? I believe I then could run the jib between the mast and the inner shroud. I would leave the Jib as a Hank on. Any thoughts and/or sucess with anyone else trying this? I recognise I may need to cut the Jib to fit better. But does this sound like it would help with pointing. I would attach the top of the innerstay to the same attachment point as the forestay. Thanks for your help, Pat Ross

C

Curtiss Grant

Creative Jib

You have a creative idea. I will keep posted to see the responses you get. Under the "I am sure you have tried this", for real close pointing, I have furled my genoa to the size of a 100% jib, set the normal jib line a little loose, used the opposite line to pull the jib in close to the mast (like inside the shroud as you reference, then tighten the furler to get a tight jib and it really enhances pointing. It appears that the jib can be about haft way between the mast and the shrouds when I am running a tight main. Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.