Jack stands

Sep 24, 2020
Beneteau 35s5 Frenchman's Bay
I have a Beneteau 35s5, and am wondering what length of jack stands I will require. This is my first winter storage on the hard and would appreciate any advice. Thanks

Mar 20, 2016
Beneteau 351 WYC Whitby
Are you on Lake Ontario Frenchman's bay? If so your most likely better off with a cradle there are lots around and can be modified for your boat . There are no boats using jack stands at our club .

Dec 30, 2011
Beneteau First 35S5 Lakeside, Ohio
I have a Beneteau 35s5, and am wondering what length of jack stands I will require. This is my first winter storage on the hard and would appreciate any advice. Thanks
Great boat. I owned a 35s5 and stored it on the hard mast up for a few years at a local yard on Lake Erie. The yard typically used six stands and supported the keel and chained the stands to one another to prevent spreading. Two years ago they pulled the boat on a Friday and placed 4 stands with the typical chains to secure the stands from spreading and planning to finish the job on Monday.The gravel yard was soft due to excessive rain. The next evening an unexpected wind storm hit with 50 MPH gusts and blew the boat over. It was totalled by the insurance company. The point is don't skimp on stands and get everything secured as quickly as possible. Don't take chances. Oversupporting the hull will not cause damage, under supporting is a recipe for problems.

Mar 20, 2016
Beneteau 351 WYC Whitby
Great boat. I owned a 35s5 and stored it on the hard mast up for a few years at a local yard on Lake Erie. The yard typically used six stands and supported the keel and chained the stands to one another to prevent spreading. Two years ago they pulled the boat on a Friday and placed 4 stands with the typical chains to secure the stands from spreading and planning to finish the job on Monday.The gravel yard was soft due to excessive rain. The next evening an unexpected wind storm hit with 50 MPH gusts and blew the boat over. It was totalled by the insurance company. The point is don't skimp on stands and get everything secured as quickly as possible. Don't take chances. Oversupporting the hull will not cause damage, under supporting is a recipe for problems.
A reason not to use Jack stands , In Canada jack stands are rare , most boats use cradles as we can get some pretty serious north winds in the winter and no damage. Mostly shrink wrap and or tarps rip.